Who We Are
A LIFE AT HOME-HOME HEALTH CARE is an in-home service provider that assists individuals and families. We are dedicated to helping our clients lead dignified, independent lifestyles in the comfort and safety of their own homes by carefully assessing and fully understanding their needs and selectively placing trained personnel to meet these needs.
What Services We Provide
- Light housework including vacuuming, dusting, laundry, changing beds, etc.
- Planning, cooking, and serving meals.
- Baking for holidays and special occasions.
- Monitoring and motivating regular diet plans.
- Transporting clients to social activities and appointments.
- Running errands and shopping for clients or transporting clients to carry out these activities.
- Assisting with mail, correspondence, and payment of bills.
- Providing respite care.
- Serving as companions and participating in friendly socialization activities.
- Assisting with entertainment preparations, hosting and serving.
- Caring for pets including feeding, exercising, taking to grooming appointments or to the Vet.
- Caring for plants.
- Assisting with grooming needs such as hair care, shaving, cleaning teeth and routine nail care (no clipping, filing only). Supervising or assisting with tub baths, showers, sponge baths, and bed baths.
- Providing routine skin care such as applying lotion to dry skin.
- Assisting with dressing and undressing.
- Assisting with mobilization activities including turning, transferring, exercising, and walking.
- Assisting with toilet and/or commode needs.
- Assisting with eating or feeding.
- Assisting with self-administered medications by reminding client to take them at the prescribed time(s) and/or following up to ensure they are taken.
- Monitoring vital signs such as blood pressures, pulse and respiration.
- Providing respite care.
In Home Assessments:
Non-medical Assessments are conducted to find clients’ functioning capabilities, to identify their needs, and to determine what services are required to assist them attain and maintain optimum independence. Assessors will review subsidization possibilities, develop Care Plans, make referrals and arrange for Service Delivery Schedules according to the client’s wishes.
Who Can Obtain Service
Certain segments of the population will find our services especially beneficial such as people who are frail; elderly; housebound; terminally, chronically, or acutely ill; physically or mentally challenged; recently discharged from hospital; family caregivers; and accident victims.
When Service is Available
Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to conform to clients’ needs and preferences.
Where Service is Delivered
We service all of Manatee County as well as southern Hillsborough County. If a need arises, we will strive to accommodate anyone who requires service outside this geographical area, provided it is within the boundaries set for A Life At Home-Home Health Care by the State of Florida.
How We Provide Added Value
- We are committed to providing professional, ethical, and quality service.
- We guarantee client satisfaction and genuinely care about people.
- We have a strong background in client-centered service, case management, and care giving.
- We are experienced in making in-home needs assessments to help clients determine their own requirements and assist them develop care plans.
- We have extensive knowledge of governmental and other programs that may assist clients with costs and/or provide services beyond our scope.
- We will make referrals on behalf of clients for other forms of assistance (with permission).
- We adapt our service delivery times to conform to our client’s needs and preferences.
- Our employees are covered by comprehensive liability and workers compensation insurances, have undergone criminal record checks, DMV checks, and are bonded.
- Our employees are not only qualified, but also are compassionate, dependable, and trustworthy individuals who respect privacy and maintain confidentiality.
- We relieve clients of the worry that can occur when hiring privately as we carefully screen, train, and inform our employees thoroughly.
- We handle any issues that surface such as scheduling difficulties, illness, shift cancellations, arranging for substitute workers, and providing continuous supervision.
- We follow-up with our clients on a regular basis to assess service effectiveness and to make revisions that reflect changing needs and wishes.
How Costs are Determined
We charge a variable rate based on the type of service needed, when it is provided, and where it is delivered.
There are no costs for initial assessments but charges may be levied for “nursing” assessments. Costs are worked out and discussed with clients prior to commencement of service.
How to Arrange For Service
Office Hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Calls are answered 24 hours a day in order that we can give prompt attention to requests for immediate assistance.
Telephone…….. (941) 747-9922
Fax:…………….. (941) 747-9944
An A Life At Home-Home Health Care representative will respond to any questions and provide additional information about our services and in-home assessments.